As a Buying Project Network Member by downloading the Buytasker application or using a Buytasker application on your web browser, you agree to the terms and conditions for this application below (the "Terms and Conditions").
In order to use this application, including any third party software made available to you in conjunction with this application and/or the related service (collectively referred to below as the “Buytasker App”) you must agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you cannot or do not wish to abide by these Terms and Conditions, please press “No” when asked whether you agree to these Terms and Conditions, and do not proceed with use of this product.
These Terms and Conditions will be available at all times on www.buytasker.com. They will be subject to change at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain timely notice of any such changes. By using the Buytasker App after any such changes you agree to comply with, and be bound by, the terms and conditions as in force from time to time.
Except as otherwise indicated, all materials on the Buytasker App, including, but not limited to copyright, trade marks, still and moving images, audio visual content, timing data, other race data, illustrations, text and written and other materials contained in the Buytasker App are protected by Intellectual Property Rights, sui generis or similar rights owned by Buytasker LTD and its affiliates, or used with permission of their owners. All rights are reserved.
The Buytasker LTD and BUYTASKER logo and related marks are trade marks of Buytasker LTD. All results, timing data and certain other content are copyright Buytasker LTD. All rights reserved.
"Intellectual Property Rights" means any and all rights existing from time to time under patent law, copyright law, trade secret law, trademark law, unfair competition law and related laws, and any and all together proprietary rights, and any and all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof, now or hereafter in force and effect worldwide. You agree to not remove, obscure or alter any copyright notice, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to or contained within or accessed in conjunction with or through the Buytasker App.
Unless you obtain Buytasker LTD’s prior written consent, you agree not to reproduce, distribute, perform, display, modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from the Buytasker App or any content featured thereon. The material and content provided on the Buytasker App is for your personal, non-commercial use only, save where expressly provided, and you agree not for yourself or through or by way of assistance from any third party to distribute copy extract or commercially exploit such material or content.
Furthermore, you may not use the Buytasker App in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, or impair Buytasker LTD’s services (including by using the Buytasker App in an automated manner), nor may you use the Buytasker App in any manner that could interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of Buytasker LTD’s services.
The Buytasker App is operated by Buytasker LTD (“Buytasker”). Any fees or charges charged by Buytasker LTD for use of the Buytasker App are stated in the order process for the application. However, you may incur data charges from your carrier or other provider for downloading and/or using the Buytasker App. You acknowledge that your use of the Buytasker App and acceptance of these Terms and Conditions creates a binding agreement between you and Buytasker LTD, which shall be effective from the downloading of the Buytasker App.
THE Buytasker App (INCLUDING ALL INFORMATION INCLUDED ON IT IN ANY FORM) IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. SOFT PAUER FURTHER DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE Buytasker App AND SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE OF THE Buytasker App IS AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR MOBILE DEVICE AND/OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OR USE OF THE Buytasker App. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE ABOVE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR DOWNLOAD AND/OR USE OF THE Buytasker App IS AN ONLINE PLATFORM CONNECTING YOU (“THE BUYER”) WITH A NOMINATED SUPPLIER (“THE SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES”) Buytasker LTD IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY NEGATIVE OUTCOMES SUCH AS DELAYED SHIPPING OF GOODS WHICH MAY RESULT IN LOSS OF INCOME AND LOSS OF PROFIT OR DAMAGES TO YOU THE BUYER. THE SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES INCLUDE SHIPPING AND LOGISTIC COMPANIES AND PRODUCT MANUFACTURERS AND DISTRIBUTORS.
Buytasker LTD WILL COLLECT PAYMENT OF GOODS FROM THE BUYER ON BEHALF OF THE SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES IN THE FORM OF A PRODUCT SAMPLE PAYMENT OR PROJECT DEPOSIT OR BALANCE PAYMENT THE MONIES WILL TRANSFERRED TO THE SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES IF ALL PARTIES INVOLVED IN THE Buytasker LTD AGREE THE QUALITY CONTROL MEASURES (“QA) HAVE BEEN ADEQUATELY MET. IN THE EVENT THE QA PROCESS IS DISPUTED MONIES WILL BE HELD BY Buytasker LTD UNTIL SUCH A TIME THE RESOLUTION OF DISPUTE IS RESOLVED. THE SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES MUST PROVIDE Buytasker LTD WITH AN INVOICE STATING THE AMOUNTS CALCULATED LESS THE FEE (“Buytasker LTD FEE”) OWED TO Buytasker LTD AS COMMISSION FOR USING THE Buytasker App FOR SERVICES RENDERED TO THE BUYER. THE Buytasker LTD FEE IS TO BE AGREED IN WRITING ON A PER PROJECT BASIS.
Buytasker LTD DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR OR GUARANTEE THE GOODS PURCHASED BY THE BUYER AND THE BUYER SHOULD RELY UPON A QUALITY CONTROL OPTION PROVIDED BY A THIRD PARTY FACTORY INSPECTION SERVICE.
Buytasker LTD DOES NOT ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR TYPE OF MATERIALS IN TRANSIT THAT THE BUYER HAS PURCHASED INCLUDING DANGEROUS GOODS .THE SUPPLIER OF GOODS AND SERVICES THAT IS NOMINATED TO ARRANGE THE SHIPMENT ON BEHALF OF THE BUYER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR PROVIDING THE BUYER WITH ALL NECESSARY SHIPPING DOCUMENTS TO ENSURE THE LEGAL AND SAFE TRANSPORTATION OF GOODS PURCHASED.
IF ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHOULD BE DETERMINED TO BE ILLEGAL INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE BY REASON OF THE LAWS OF ANY JURISDICTION IN WHICH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE INTENDED TO BE EFFECTIVE THEN TO THE EXTENT AND WITHIN THE JURISDICTION IN WHICH THAT TERM IS ILLEGAL INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE, IT SHALL BE SEVERED AND DELETED FROM THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND THE REMAINING TERMS AND CONDITIONS SHALL REMAIN IN FULL FORCE AND EFFECT AND CONTINUE TO BE BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE ACCEPT NO LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER ARISING FROM USE OR LOSS OF USE OF DATA, OR LOSS OF PROFITS, WHETHER IN ACTION OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORTIOUS ACTION, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE VIEWING, USE OR PERFORMANCE OF THE Buytasker App OR ITS CONTENT HOWSOEVER CAUSED.
NEITHER WE NOR ANY THIRD PARTIES WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS OF OR THE MATERIAL CONTAINED IN OR DOWNLOADED FROM THE Buytasker App WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF MALICIOUS PROGRAMS (SUCH AS VIRUSES, WORMS OR TROJAN HORSES) OR BUGS. NEITHER WE NOR ANY THIRD PARTIES MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION REGARDING THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OF THE MATERIALS.
Buytasker Shipping and Delivery Terms
All and any business undertaken by the Company shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this contract which are as follows:
- “Company” shall mean Buytasker LTD its employees, servants, agents, subsidiaries and/or associated entities.
“Customer” shall mean the shipper (consignor), the receiver (consignee), the owner of the Goods, the bailor of the Goods or the person for whom any of the Services are performed. “Goods” shall mean the chattels, articles or things tendered for carriage or bailment or other services by the Customer and shall include the container or containers, unit load devices or other packaging containing the same and any other pallet or pallets delivered with the same to the Company or Subcontractor.
“Services” shall mean the storage/warehousing, carriage, transport, movement, handling, and/or any other service performed or arranged by the Company pursuant to, or ancillary to, this contract with the Customer.
“Dangerous goods” shall mean such of the Goods as shall be, or become, in fact or at law noxious, dangerous, hazardous, explosive, radioactive, inflammable or capable by their nature of causing damage or injury to other goods or to any person or animals or to any thing in which those goods are carried, handled or stored.
“Valuables” shall mean bullion, coins, precious stones, jewellery, antiques, or works of art.
“Perishable goods” shall mean such of the Goods as shall be in fact or law liable to deteriorate in quality and/or value and shall include, but not be limited to, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, meat, etc.
“Subcontractor” shall mean and include:-
- Any person, firm or company with whom the Company may arrange to effect any Service in respect of the Goods which are the subject of this contract.
- Any person, firm or company which is now or hereafter a servant, agent, employee or independent contractor of any of the persons or entities referred to in (i) above.
- Any other person, firm or company (other than the Company) by whom the Services or any part thereof are arranged, performed or undertaken.
Words importing the singular include the plural and vice versa and words importing any gender include all genders and words importing a person include firm and corporation where appropriate.
Not a Common Carrier
- The Company is not a common carrier and accepts no liability as such. Services are arranged or performed by the Company subject only to these conditions of contract which constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Customer. No person has the authority of the Company to waive or vary these conditions and the Company reserves the right to refuse at its sole discretion the carriage of the Goods for any customer or any other Service whether before or after the carriage or Service has commenced and further reserves the right to open and inspect all Goods at its discretion and at the Customer’s expense.
- Subject to and in accordance with the terms and conditions and instructions contained in this contract, the Company agrees and the Customer hereby employs and authorises the Company, as agent of the Customer to contract either in its own name or in the Customer’s name with any Subcontractor, and employs and authorizes any Subcontractor
to subcontract with any other Subcontractor, for the performance of any Service to be performed or arranged by the Company pursuant to, or ancillary to, this contract. Any such contract may be made on any terms of contract whatsoever used by the Subcontractor with whom the Company or Subcontractor may contract for such Service(s) including in every case terms which may limit or exclude liability in respect of the Service and any term whereby the Subcontractor may employ any person, firm or company for performance of the Service.
Prevention of Suit/Circular Indemnity and Himalaya
Warranties by the Customer
- The Customer undertakes that no claim or allegation shall be made against any Subcontractor (other than the Company) or other party who may be vicariously liable for the acts or omissions of such Subcontractor which imposes or attempts to impose upon any such party any liability whatsoever in connection with the Goods whether or not arising out of negligence on the part of such party and if any such claim or allegation should nevertheless be made to indemnify the Company against all consequences thereof. Without prejudice to the foregoing, every such party shall have the benefit of all provisions herein benefiting the Company as if such provisions were expressly for its benefit, and in entering into this contract, the Company, to the extent of these provisions, does so not only on its own behalf, but also as agent and trustee for such parties.
- The Customer warrants:
- that it is the owner of the Goods or otherwise has the authority of the owner or person having an interest in the Goods or any part thereof to sign the Company’s Letter of Instruction and consign the goods upon and subject to these conditions. Without prejudice to the foregoing warranty, the Customer undertakes to indemnify the Company in respect of any liability whatsoever or howsoever caused in respect of the Goods to any person who claims to have, has or may acquire an interest in the Goods or any part thereof.
- that the person releasing or delivering the Goods to the Company is authorised to sign the Company’s Letter of Instruction or other contractual document and accept these conditions on the Customer’s behalf.
- the accuracy of all markings and brandings of the Goods, descriptions, values and other particulars furnished to the Company for the carriage, customs, consular and any other purposes and undertakes to indemnify the Company against all loss, damage, expenses and fines arising from any inaccuracy or omission in this respect.
Exclusion and Limitation of Liability
- that the performance of any Service provided or arranged by the Company to effect the instructions of the Customer in respect of the Goods shall not be in breach of any law.
- (a) Subject to the terms and conditions in this contract, the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer or any other person, howsoever caused or arising, whether:
- an authorized or unauthorized act OR contemplated or uncontemplated act under this contract;
- caused by the negligence and/or recklessness and/or wilful misconduct of the Company’s servants, agents, employees, subcontractors or otherwise;
- resulting from, or attributable to, any quotation, statement, representation or information, oral or written, made or given on behalf of the Company or its servants, agents, employees or subcontractors as to the classification of, liability for, amount, scale or rate of customs duty, excise duty or other impost or tax applicable to any goods subject of any Service.
- No declaration will be made for the purpose of extending liability and the Goods will be forwarded or dealt with at the Customer’s or owner’s risk unless express written instructions to the contrary are given by the Customer and accepted in writing by the Company.
- In all cases where liability has not been, or cannot be, excluded by this agreement because of mandatory applicable statute, convention or law, the liability of the Company is limited to the lesser of AUD$100.00 or the value of the Goods the subject of the agreement at the time the Goods were received by the Company.
- In all cases, where liability cannot be excluded or limited by this agreement, the liability of the Company for breach of any condition or warranty in respect of the goods or services is limited to any one or more of the following as determined by the Company at is absolute discretion:-
- in the case of services:
- the supply of services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
- in the case of goods as defined by the Trade Practices Act (Cth) 1974 and not as defined in these terms and conditions:
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the costs of having the goods repaired;
- the replacement of the goods or supply of equivalent goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or acquiring equivalent goods.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company shall in no circumstances be liable for direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage arising from the Services performed in respect of the Goods including loss of market, loss of profit or loss of contracts howsoever caused. The defences and limits provided for in these conditions shall apply in any action against the Company for loss or damage whether the action be found in contract, tort or otherwise.
- Further without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage suffered by the Customer or any other person as a result of a failure or inability of the Company or Subcontractor to collect or receive
C.O.D. payments from any consignees or their agents whether caused by the negligence of the Company’s servants, agents, employees, Subcontractors or otherwise.
- It is hereby agreed between the Customer and the Company that the Customer’s right to compensation for any claim for loss or damage will only be maintained provided the following is strictly adhered to:
- Any claim for damage to Goods must be lodged in writing to the Company within 7 days of delivery of the Goods or the date Services are completed, whichever date occurs first;
- Any claim for loss/non-delivery of Goods must be notified in writing to the Company within 60 days from the date the Goods should have been delivered or the Services should have been completed, whichever date occurs first;
- Any right to any legal remedy against the Company shall be extinguished unless legal proceedings are brought against the Company in the state of Victoria and not otherwise within 9 months from the date of this contract or the date the Services were completed or Goods delivered, or the date the Services should have been completed or the Goods should have been delivered, whichever date occurs first.
Loading and Unloading on and from Transportation Vehicle
- It is specifically agreed that all rights, immunities and limitations of liability granted to the Company by the provisions set forth in this contract shall continue to have their full force and effect in all circumstances and notwithstanding any breach of the contract or any condition hereof by the Company.
- (a) The Customer shall be responsible for the cost of, and arranging for, the loading and unloading of the Goods on and from the relevant transportation vehicle.
- In the event that there is a delay in the loading or unloading of the Goods by reason other than the default of the Company, the Customer shall be liable for the Company’s expenses incurred by reason of the delay, including demurrage costs as notified by the Company orally or in writing from time to time or available upon request.
- The Customer shall provide adequate and suitable facilities and equipment for loading and unloading the Goods from the relevant transportation vehicle. The Customer also warrants that the Goods will be suitable for carriage in such vehicle.
- The Customer has the right to inspect the transportation vehicle before the loading of the Goods. Absent any inspection or complaint, the transportation vehicle will be deemed to be in adequate and suitable condition for the carriage of the Goods. Thereafter, the Customer shall have no rights against the Company with respect to the condition of the vehicle and the Company will have no liability in respect of any loss or damage caused by the inadequate or unsound condition of the vehicle.
- The Goods may at any time be warehoused or otherwise held at any place or at any time be removed from any place at which they may be warehoused or otherwise held to any other place to be warehoused or otherwise held at the sole discretion of the Company. In every case, whether warehousing is incidental or the primary Service provided by the Company, it will be provided at the Customer’s risk and expense as a primary charge(s) or a charge(s) incidental to or in connection with the carriage of the Goods or any Service hereunder.
- (a) The Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any claim, loss, damage, payment, fine, expense, duty, tax, impost or other outlay whatsoever or howsoever
caused, whether arising directly or indirectly from any Service arranged or performed by the Company in respect of Goods and/or in respect of any such cost incurred as a result of any breach of the terms, conditions or warranties in this contract by the Customer.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Customer shall remain responsible to the Company for all charges (C.O.D. or otherwise) paid by the Company to any of its agents, Subcontractors or any other party or authority.
- The Customer shall indemnify the Company in respect of any loss or damage arising from any inherent defect, quality or vice of the Goods.
- The Customer should seek its own insurance cover. No insurance will be effected by the Company on the customer’s behalf except on express instructions in writing by the Customer and only if the Company is licensed to do so pursuant to applicable Australian regulations. Any such insurance so effected will be subject to the usual exceptions and conditions of policies of the insurance company or underwriters taking the risk. The Company shall not be under any obligation to effect separate insurance on each consignment but may declare it on any general policy. Should such insurers dispute liability for any reason, the Customer as the insured shall have no recourse against the Company whatsoever and any recourse by the Customer shall be against the insurer.
Routes and Procedures
- Quotations for the Services are made on an immediate acceptance basis and are subject to withdrawal or revision without notice at the Company’s discretion.
Payment of Expenses/duties
- If the Company is instructed by the Customer and agrees to use a particular method or mode of transport and/or Service, the Company shall give due consideration to the method or mode designated but shall at all times have the right to choose or vary such method or mode of transport and/or Service or route and procedure to be followed in respect of the Service performed. The Customer hereby authorises the Company to substitute alternate carriers or other Service providers without notice to the Customer.
Responsibility for Fees/Charges
- The Customer authorises the Company, but with no obligation on the part of the Company, to pay any duties, taxes, imposts, outlays or charges at any port or place in respect of the Goods and the Customer shall be liable for the reimbursement of such disbursements and for payment of any fine, expense, loss or damage incurred by the Company in connection therewith.
- (a) The Customer shall pay the Company for all fees rendered and any charges it incurs for any reason in respect of the Services performed. This includes the payment of fees/charges which the Company is advised or agrees will be paid by a third party which then fails to so pay. Such fees/charges shall be deemed fully earned as soon as the Goods are loaded and dispatched from the Customer’s premises or otherwise delivered by the Customer to the Company and shall be immediately payable and non- refundable.
(b) The Customer agrees that it shall not defer or withhold payment or deduct any amount from the account of the Company by reason of any claim it alleges against the Company.
Valuables, Dangerous goods, Perishable goods, Livestock, etc.
- The Company shall have a particular and general lien on the Goods of the Customer and any documents relating thereto and on any other Goods of the Customer which are in, or may come into, the possession of the Company or any documents relating thereto for all sums payable by the Customer to the Company. Where the debt remains unsatisfied for a period of 7 (seven) days from the date which the Company gives notice of the exercise of lien to the Customer (or owner), the Company shall have the right to sell any such Goods or documents by public auction or private treaty without further notice to the Customer without being liable to any person for any loss or damage thereby caused. The Company may apply any such proceeds realised from such sale toward satisfaction of any funds owing and all proper charges and expenses in relation to the exercise of the lien and the sale of the Goods. The Company shall remit any surplus proceeds to the Customer.
- (a) (i) Except as agreed in writing, the Company will not accept Valuables, Dangerous goods, Perishable goods, livestock or plants for Services arranged or performed by the Company. Should the Customer nevertheless deliver any such goods to the Company or cause the Company to handle or deal with any such goods otherwise than as agreed in writing, the Customer shall be liable for any loss or damage thereto or consequent thereon whether direct, indirect or consequential and howsoever caused and the Customer shall indemnify the Company from and against all penalties, taxes, duties, claims, demands, damages, costs and expenses arising in connection therewith.
(ii) Any such goods may be destroyed in the sole and absolute discretion of the Company or any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant time. If such goods are accepted pursuant to a written agreement, they may nevertheless be destroyed or dealt with if deemed necessary in the sole and absolute discretion of the Company or any other person in whose custody they may be at the relevant time. In the event that the goods are destroyed or otherwise dealt with as aforesaid, the Company shall bear no liability therefore and the Customer shall indemnify the Company from and against all costs and expenses with respect thereto.
- The Customer undertakes that any of the goods referred to in (a) above (including their covering, packaging, containers and other devices they are carried in) shall be distinctly marked having regard to their nature. The Customer further undertakes that the Goods are packed in a manner adequate to withstand the ordinary risks of any Service having regard to their nature and in compliance with all laws and regulations which may be applicable with respect to any Service. The Customer shall indemnify the Company against all claims, losses, damages or expenses arising in consequence of any breach of this provision.
- The Customer’s compliance with (b) above in no way reduces or limits those rights afforded to the Company under (a) of this clause.
- (a) The company is authorised to deliver the Goods to the consignee or its agent at the address nominated to the Company by either the Customer, the consignor, the consignee or their agents and it is expressly agreed that the Carrier shall be deemed to have delivered the Goods in accordance with this contract if it obtains a receipt, signed delivery docket for the Goods or signature on its consignment note from any person at that address.
- If the nominated place of delivery shall be unattended or if delivery cannot otherwise be effected, the Company in its sole discretion may at its option either deposit the Goods at the nominated place or store the Goods at the risk and expense of the Customer, both of which will be deemed to be delivery of the Goods under this Contract.
Sale and Disposal of Goods
- Dates specified for completion of carriage or any other Service are estimates only and the Company shall not be liable for failure to complete carriage or any other Service on such date or dates.
- The Company and its Subcontractors shall be entitled at the cost and expense of the Customer, subject to any compliance with any applicable law, to sell or dispose of:
- Goods which in the opinion of the Company or Subcontractor cannot be delivered by reason of the Goods being insufficiently or incorrectly addressed or by reason of the Goods not being collected or accepted by the Consignee or for any other reason, and
- any Perishable goods which in the opinion of the Company or the Subcontractor appear to be deteriorating, if the Customer fails to adequately instruct the Company with respect thereto or fails to pay any costs and expenses necessary to implement the Customer’s instructions.
Law and Jurisdiction
- The Customer shall comply with all applicable laws and Government regulations including those relating to the packing, carriage, storage, customs clearance, delivery or other Services in respect of the Goods, and shall furnish such information and provide such documents as may be necessary to comply with such laws and regulations. The Company shall not be liable to the Customer for loss or expense due to the Customer’s failure to comply with this provision.
- Any dispute arising under this Contract shall be governed by the laws of Victoria and shall be determined exclusively by the courts of Victoria or by the court of the Company’s choice.
Severance & Waiver
- By signing the letter of instruction or otherwise accepting these conditions, the Customer agrees that it did not rely on any representation, promise, warranty or condition of the Company or its Subcontractor not expressly made (in writing) part of this contract.
Customer’s Own Form
- It is hereby agreed that if any provision or part of any provision of this contract is unenforceable, such unenforceability shall not affect any other part of such provision or any other provision hereof. Further, should the Company elect not to exercise any of its rights under this contract, under any other contract/agreement or under law, such election shall not constitute a waiver of any rights relating to any other or subsequent breach by the Customer.
- The use of the Customer’s own form is no derogation to these conditions of contract.
- (a) Any relief from liability contained in this agreement is to be read subject to any restriction on contracting out of liability provided in any legislation binding on the Company so that the provisions for relief contained in this agreement are limited or rendered ineffective only to the extent required to give effect to that legislation but are otherwise fully effective and all the provisions hereof are severable and effective independently of any provisions which are null and void or ineffective by reason of any legislation.
- Unless written notification to the contrary is given by the Customer to the Company at or prior to entering into this agreement, the Customer expressly warrants and represents that all or any Services to be supplied by the Company and acquired by the Customer pursuant to this agreement are so supplied and acquired for the purposes of a business, trade, profession or occupation carried on or engaged in by the Customer.
- If the carriage of Goods involves an ultimate destination or stop in a country other than the country of departure, the Warsaw Convention (1929) or the Warsaw Convention as Amended at the Hague (1955) (and Warsaw supplementary protocols such as the “Guadalajara Convention”, Protocol of Montreal No. 4 and/or the Montreal Convention) may be applicable and may govern and in most cases limit the liability of the Carrier in respect of loss, damage or delay to cargo, unless a higher value is declared in advance by the Customer and a supplementary charge paid if required.
- Where the Company is unable to carry out any obligation under the contract due to any circumstance, matter or thing beyond its reasonable control (“force majeure”), the Company shall be excused from such obligations to the extent of such prevention, restriction or interference so caused.